Tuesday, January 12, 2010

From Tofu Soup to Photoshoot


Grumble, grumble, grumble. My tummy's hungry and I need some deliciousness inside me and I don't want to go the same ole, same ole route. I feel the need for a new discovery, a place I've never been to. Luckily, Raunchy Richelle knew exactly where to go. Doobu restaurant at Japantown Adjacent is great! I must say that they rival the tofu soup at My Tofu House - wait a minute, I don't know any other place that serves Korean tofu soup...oh well. To date, I'm not sure which is better, though. My tastebuds haven't made a decision. Both restaurants have the same selection of banchan, the usual suspects of kimchi, bean sprouts, etc. with a small fried fish for each diner, which was awesome. I ordered the beef and assorted seafood tofu soup and it was great. The seafood was fresh, especially the oysters, but peeling the shrimp was laborious. Sticky Fingers Ann ordered the seafood soup and Rauchy Richelle had the assorted mushrooms. We were all happy campers, except they only had one server during their very hectic lunch hour. Not sure if it was poor staffing or if someone called in sick, but that crowd needed more than one server, for sure.

As usual, pictures were taken of the food for blogging purposes and it invariably spiraled into an impromptu photoshoot. What is it about new cameras and friends and good food that puts people into a posing mood? Is this how Kate Moss started? Doubt it, it would mean that she actually eats...maybe she just takes a sniff here and a sniff there and then she's ready for her close up!

PS - Note how Sticky Fingers didn't seem to bother to take a picture of me and Raunchy Richelle....Hmmm, someone's a camera hog.

2 comments:

  1. this blog is outrageously delicious and constantly makes me super hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I experience a second round of hunger when I write my posting! grumble grumble...there goes my tummy again.

    ReplyDelete