Thursday, September 23, 2010

Filipino Breakfast Sizzles

All I know is that I want me some fried rice, preferably crowned with a fried egg. Is that too much to ask for? Ok, since I'm dreaming, why don't I throw in some sizzling, savory meat with a squirt (hehe, I said squirt) of calamansi. What?! No calamansi. I thought we were an international city?!?

Ok, I'll settle for lemon. I think it's time for a Tselogs run! That awesome place that skirts Daly city and SF just makes me greatful I was raised to recognize that beginning your day with garlic fried rice is the best way to kickstart a day. Although, I don't want to limit myself to just eating this in the AM, when I crave a "silog", whether it be during afternoons or night time, I just go for it. Luckily, the bay area is a hub for Filipino eatings.

At Tselogs, you must order the Chicken sisig-log. It's the best they have to offer. Check out the picture below, steam was not Photoshopped, mind you.

We also had their lumpiang shanghai (snore) and their tapsilog (sweeter than usual, teriyaki-esque). They were a'ight. OMfG, I'm so from the block. Let me try that again...a'ight. Shivers. Please don't hesitate to slap me when I try something like that again.





No comments:

Post a Comment