Tuesday, October 12, 2010

PYT: Pizza, Yummy and Thin

I know there are tons of you who'd rather die than give up your thick-crust pizza. I myself am a die-hard lover of Divisadero's Little Star pizza, but that's a digression. Let's talk about being open to new culinary experiences, you thick-headed, thick-crust zealots.


LaFayette is about a thirty minute drive from San Francisco and it is a place that's half suburbia, a quarter little town, and one fourth cosmopolitan city.
There's a Chow restaurant that most SF dweller will recognize as a tried and true standby. They also have a Cold Stone creamery and a vintage-like candy store to satisfy the sweet tooth, however we were craving something savory with a mediterranean feel.

Driving through Mt. Diablo Boulevard, La Fayette's main thoroughfare, we stumbled upon Pizza Antica, and I have to say, this place made me reconsider my allegiance to the weightier kind.

First of all their Arnold Palmer, was the right balance of tartness and sweet...Um, Wait a minute...Am I the only brown-skinned human here?...

Anywho, back to the food. We had the Prince Edward (isn't that a piercing?...down there in your weewee?...)island mussels, spaghettini with roasted chicken, and of course, pizza. We ordered the one topped with three cheeses, caramelized onion, shaved broccoli, and pancetta. All I have to say is: YumYumYum. Below are some pictures for your enjoyment.

The mussels were ok, just needed a little more garlic or something...It lacked that certain umami that I get in other restaurants, or maybe I just wanted fries with it. The spaghettini, well the pasta was over-cooked. I prefer my pasta to bite back when I chew on it...oh, well. Thank God the pizza was stellar!

You see, what did I tell ya? Yummiliciousness in four slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment