Thursday, September 15, 2011

Deep Love for Deep Fried

I’ve never met a fried food I did not like.  I always say that, because it’s true.  I’ve had fried cheese (Nicaraguan), fried flowers (Italian), fried chicken livers (Soul), fried pork skin (Filipino), fried whatever – I’ll eat it!  So, you can bet I’m a true connoisseur of the  basic fried chicken. Yes, I’m familiar with the usual suspects and most people will vote for Popeye’s, but I choose an unlikely winner.  I believe the best fried chicken in San Francisco can be had at Sam’s Diner. 

You know how sometimes you'd order fried anything and it can taste like it's been sitting under a heat lamp for a while and therefore a little soggy.  Or at times fried food can taste like the restaurant has been using and reusing the oil they've been frying with so it it has some weird burnt oil flavor to it.  That won't be your experience at Sam's Diner. This chicken is uh-mazeballs!

On my last visit I tried another fried wonder, their Fishn'Chips. Ok, I wanted to love it, but I just fell in like with it.  It's still worth a try.  As you can see it's quite pretty to behold.  I think they burnt my fries a little bit, though.


Looking at the pics, I know you’re salivating right now. Listen up Drooly McDrool, you need to run, not walk, to Sam’s on Market between 9th and 8th.  You will not regret it. You can even order ahead of time if your lunch hour is tight.  Here's their menu. Happy heart cloggin' eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment