Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Loko for Loukoumades!

I love attending food festivals! Some of my faves are: Gilroy Garlic, Nihonmachi and Cherry Blossom Festival at Japantown, etc., so I was super excited to learn about the Greek Food Festival that occurs every September. San Franciscans have multiple options when it comes to ethnic cuisine, but looking forward to an annual open-air festival, where there's live music and dancing, is un-beatable.


I'm always on the look-out for something new, so when I saw these doughnut holes, drizzled in honey, and sprinkled with walnuts, I knew I found my true love. They're called loukomades or loukomathes. The old lady that served me told me that they were home-made and that she made them herself. They were yuuuuuuumy!



As you can see, these bite-sized, pillowy delicious morsels are to die for.  If you're a fan of the Greek desserts, which are usually sweet and sticky, think baklava, then you'll love loukomathes! So make sure you mark your calendars for next year's event.  Here's a tip, they usually have free passes you can print out from their official website. You can get more get more information about their mission and other events at http://www.annunciation.org/.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment