Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Combination Soup

Intra-asian fusion in a single bowl = Mabo soup, and you can't have a better serving of this hot, steamy goodness than at Suzu Noodle House. If you've never tried a mabo soup, you're in for a surprise! It's spicy and rich, with a Chinese flair, but still distinctly Japanese.The noodles are perfectly chewy and the broth is appropriately seasoned (although my lunch buddy, Letty, thinks it's a tad salty). I know that locals will argue that Katanaya's soup is superior and maybe they're right, but if you consider how small Katanaya's space is and how un-smiley the service is there, then I think you'll agree that Suzu Noodle House is better.





The stars of this show are really the soup bowls, so stick with ordering them. Please don't order the the shu mai as it almost seems like they're the frozen kind from Costco, however an order of the chicken karaage on the side would be a great complement to the soups, I mean really, Japanese chicken nuggets? You can't go wrong. One of these days I'll go to Suzu and do my best not to order my fave, mabo soup, and try the Karaage soup. I'm sure it's equally yummilicious!

2 comments:

  1. anything worth eating, involves noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I love noodles, although Jonsey was right, I did think that it was little salty, I still believe that it was VERY GOOD soup!

    ReplyDelete